I didn't know if it would ever happen, but I FINALLY finished my Thimbleberries Village quilt top on Saturday. The small guild to which I belong had a sewing day that started at 9:00 a.m. (I got there around 11:30) and finished...well, I left at 9:30 p.m. and there were a few gals that were still in full swing.
I wanted to take a project that was already in the works so that I didn't have to do a lot of cutting or take a lot of tools. I happened to have all the the blocks for this quilt already assembled, just needed to get them all put together in a top. That was the easy part. I was surprised at how long it took me to get those four simple borders on...it was an all day affair. I probably would have thrown in the towel and taken the project home to finish on another day, but my guild members all but bolted the door and wouldn't allow me to leave until it was finished. That was just the encouragement that I needed and I'm glad that it's finally done!