Saturday, May 17, 2008

Long Time, No Post

Boy, it's been a long time since I've posted. So much to say, but so little time! Here's a quick over view of what's been happening during the past month.
This is a picture of Jan, my SIL Cheryl and me. This is the second year that Cheryl and I have helped at BYU Women's Conference. This year we were on hand to assist women who wanted to crochet around flannel receiving blankets while listening to motivational speakers. The baby blankets will be given to new mothers in need. You can see Cheryl working one on of the blankets on my brother's blog.
The Ballerina and I planted some pansies in pots for the front yard and also got a good start on the vegetable garden.
The Ballerina also performed in her school chorus concert and her ballet recital. (Ballet pictures to come.)
I made cupcakes for the Ballerina's 5th grade class. It was her day for "snack bar." The Ballerina was pleased to tell me that she overheard two kids on the playground saying, "[The Ballerina's] mom always brings the best treats!" I wanna kiss those kids! Smooch!!!
I spent a great amount of time trying to coax Blondie into cleaning her room. The problem is that she can't hear me while taking a nap after school. I don't think she could have gotten up to clean her room anyway with Mia holding her down!
We went kite flying at the local park...
while Blondie rolled along on her longboard. [May I insert here that Blondie has flip flops in almost every color. They are her footwear of choice!]
Blondie sang in her last jr. high school choir concert. Now it's on to high school!
We celebrated College Girl's 19th birthday...
...which was a good excuse to make more cupcakes!
And, last but not least, Cabana Boy and I celebrated 24 years of wedded bliss!!! Who are those youngins?!
That's it in a nutshell. Thanks to all of you who sent me emails to make sure I was still alive. With wedding plans and all of the "end of school" activities, we have a lot going on here in Happy Valley. Hugs to you all!!!

15 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary *s* Are those German chocolate cupcakes? Mmmm - my fave. Glad you're back - you've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. I've missed you Kairle. Aren't the wedding pics precious for us now. Anyway you look not much older, really. And that look your cabana boy is giving you, Wow! Dangerous. How lovely that you've been so busy with family things and good activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'd say you are justified in not posting! Busy life! Mmmmmm! Good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you Kairle and Cabanna Boy!!! May you have many more to come!!!!
    Your children are adorable by the way. Pretty girls!
    Love those cupcakes with the Oreo's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're ok...missed you! But you sound like you've had fun whilst you've been busy....luuurrrvvveee those oreo cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you and your darling crew of kids are keeping busy. Congrats on your anniversary. You both look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the wedding picture! I want to eat all off the yummy treats you guys make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post, Kairle! Love all the photos and the goings-on in your life - how exciting!
    The photo of you and Cabana Boy is lovely - you two are adorable! Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been very busy! I have missed hearing from you!
    Happy Anniversary!!! You were a beautiful bride, and you hardly look one day older now!
    I guess not much quilting has been going on in your busy life, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your Bagel Buddy, Susie...but; MAN! Am I glad her birthday is finally over!!!

    I am just as excited as my girls (and THEIR friend) to get Blondie down here next month!! Blondie will never get up from our couches because we have TWO cats to weigh us down. Its tried-and-true.
    Thank you, Thank you for all the photos this time around. We love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post Kairle! Wow! You've been baking up a storm!! Can't wait to taste something myself in August lol!!

    Happy Anniversary! We also celebrated ours this weeknd (12 years)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally, but was well worth the wait for a new post. What a wife, all those cupcakes.
    Lovely wedding picture. Hope you have twice as many more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OhMyGosh! Those cupcakes look divine -- both sets! Clearly you were a child bride -- where on earth does the time go, and how could we possibly be having married children???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's a small world story for you. I linked to your post from Thimbleanna's because I'm a quilter and cupcake baker too. I also was at women's conference and live in happy valley. I then linked from you to your brother's blog and saw Radmall and thought hmmm, "I wonder if they are related to my little Kellykins?" (Kelly and my daughter are best buds so I had to adopt Kelly as one of my own even though she has great parents.) Yes, they are. How do you know Anna?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete