Saturday, April 12, 2008

And the winner is.....

If you are the holder of ticket #4791812, then you are the lucky winner of my log cabin raffle quilt!!! Congratulations to Nann O. of Orem, Utah.
Thanks to all who participated in the raffle to help raise money for the Ballerina's school. We raised several hundred dollars, but not quite as much as I had hoped. There was definitely a lesson learned in this whole experience and that is that not everyone truly understands the value of a quilt. I think that the principal was really excited about the whole idea, but didn't really catch the vision of the amount of money that could have been raised if she would have been more on board with the whole concept of raffling a quilt.

Fortunately, I think that the quilt is going to a good home. Nann O. belongs to the small quilt group to which I belong and purchased 12 tickets a month or so ago. Although I don't know Nann very well, I'm sure that she'll care for this quilt and use it for many years to come.

Congratulations, Nann O.!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Kairle! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your blog and all the fabric and quilts! I have a friend who is going to teach me to quilt. Just got my fabric! The Mudd Puddle cookies look so good that I am FORCING myself to make some (heehee!) I see that you are LDS! I am to! Kids all married in the LA Temple, missions and so on! I bet Utah looks quite pretty this time of the year! I will drop by often! Hugs, Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winner! The quilt is gorgeous and deserve a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beauty! Nann is a lucky gal *s*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rats! I had numbers #4791811 and #4791813.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a beautiful quilt! LOVE it. To bad that it didn't bring what you wanted. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always shocked at how people who like quilts but have never made one, value them. It just always amazes me that they don't understand the time, money and skills that go into developing a quilt from start to finish. Oh well. Yours is darling and isn't it great that the one that got it truly knows the value! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Congrates Nann O.! Lucky You!!!! Hi Kairle!!! Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to Nann O! She is a lucky lady to have won such a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete