Tuesday, January 31, 2006

In the Zone


You know you're "in the zone" when you get a call at 3:00 from the periodontist's office and realize that you totally blew of your daughter's 2:30 appointment.

Two weeks ago my soon to be 9 year old daughter had that nasty, ouchy skin graph procedure done to add more gum to her two lower front teeth. Today was her follow up appointment for them to take make sure everything had healed properly and to take pictures. I know that I looked at that appointment written on my HUGE kitchen calendar no less that five times during the day. I was going to take her as soon as she arrived home from school. At least that was the plan. Needless to say, I got so into working on my pink and brown blocks that I completely forgot about the appointment. Fortunately, they still let me rush her over. They even gave us two free cards to get smoothies at Jamba Juice in honor of my daughters birthday on Friday.

Tomorrow my girls have appointments to have their teeth cleaned at the dentist's office. I guess I'd better set my alarm!

1 comment:

  1. I've been there been there been there, and spaced it too!!

    The pink and brown blocks are lovely, and I can see why everything else slipped your mind!

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete