Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Back at the Machine

This past week has been filled with lots of family obligations that have left me little time for quilting. I've been dreaming of 2 1/2" strips all week long, so when I woke up this morning, looked at the calendar on my kitchen wall and discovered that I didn't have any major obligations, I told my family that I was planning on sewing all day long. I actually got a lot done considering I had to squeeze in a PTA meeting and took a couple a breaks to rest my aching back.
I started out with a variety of about 60 or 66 strips for my quilt. Look how the bright morning sun lights up those beauties!
Take six strips and sew them together as in the picture above. Your strip sets should be 12 1/2" wide......
so now sub cut your strips sets into 12 1/2" squares.
Cut them into four triangles, corner to corner.
Mix all of your pieces up and match them up in pairs according to the picture above.
Stitch together. Pretty simple, huh?
This is how many sets I have stitched together tonight. Do you think I might be able to get the rest of them finished tomorrow? That's my plan. Wish me luck!!!

7 comments:

  1. That is such a kewl block! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the block idea! Do you have a problem keeping the blocks square with the outside edges being on the bias?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt! Thanks for the great tutorial! I will be saving this for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a productive day! I never know what to do with the rest of my binding strips. Thanks for the tutorial. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like fun! I'm going to send the link to my quilt group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable quilt. I love this idea and will have to try it very, very soon. Thanks so much for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the strippy tutorial. Thank you! I can't wait to get home to work on a few blocks.

    ReplyDelete