I have to admit that binding is my least favorite part of making a quilt. I've probably made that confession many times. I guess the good news is that I'm getting better at sticking with it until the quilt is complete, lable and all. Below are a couple of wall hangings (I can never remember if that's one word or two) that I finished the bindings on last night.
This fall wall hanging has been quilted since last September. It has also had the binding sewn on since then. For some reason I've got it in my mind that I had a piece of fabric all ready to attach for a sleeve on the back. After all this time I've given up looking for it and just decided to get the hand stitching done. You know that tomorrow I'm going to walk into my sewing room and find that hanging sleeve fabric sitting in the middle of the table!
I stitched this wall hanging together last week and started quilting it. Wouldn't you know...as I was quilting the LAST bow tie I ran out of bobbin. No problem, I'll wind another one. No such luck! The bobbin winder on my machine had stopped working without any previous hint that it was sick. Grrrrr..... I took my machine in to have it repaired only to find out it will take TWO WEEKS to get it back. You might think that people who repair sewing machines for a living would realize that I can't live without my machine for two weeks. Good thing I have a back up (or two, or three). I think the bow ties will make a nice Father's Day gift.