Saturday, November 17, 2007

Play Day (Part 2)...as promised

I appologize in advance to all of you who wish you were here, but aren't. LOL!!! Kim, if it was tough looking at yesterday's pictures you'd better read (or look) no farther. Below are the pictures that I took at our second stop yesterday, Scrooge and Marley's. When I asked the shop keepper if could take pictures to show my friends she told me "yes" and that she was "flattered". Isn't that sweet? The woman at Broadbent's was just as kind.
Although this shop has been around for a while, I only first visited it this year. Again, I appologize to all of you who came to Utah last year and didn't get to step foot into this amazing shop. It's just about 1/4 mile down the street from Broadbent's. This little old home is filled to the rafters with everything you need to decorate your home (and all your neighbors') for the holidays.
I love everything about this table. The white dishes, the greenery and berries, and the candy canes...
Oh the candy canes! They're wonderful, they're real and they're made by Hammond's Candies. They had baskets and baskets full. I just checked out the Hammond's website and discovered that they'll be showing these candy canes on Martha Stewart on Monday, November 26th. You can check out their website to see if there is a location near you that sells these sweet confections. Don't you think that ribbon adds such a nice touch?


It was in this room that I bought some garland to send along with my tree skirt swap. I may need to go back and get some more for myself. Seen enough? No?! Well then let's walk out back to the "shed".....


Now this is some porch, wouldn't you say?! See that "It's a Wonderful Life" sign on the tree to the left? I bought two of those. One for myself and one for my brother and sister-in-law, to who's home we are going for Thanksgiving. I think I'll add mine to the wreath that goes on my front door.


Come on now... Let's step inside the shed for a look around.

Well, that's it for today. Thanks so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Ok, now you're just being cruel...just plain cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it all!
    Thanks for the photos... I think if I pop in a Christmas CD I might just get in the mood to get started on my own decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kairle, I agree with Angela - you are just the meanest of mean, girl!! LOL! Since I bought everything in Broadbent's (in my mind, that is), I can only buy half of everything in Scrooge and Marley's -- LOL!! Did you come home with an empty wallet? You must be 'mean' for a 3rd time, and show us what you bought from these marvelous stores! Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kairle! Thanks for the uber post on my Blog. I am SO glad you discovered me and my Blog! Because I'm 10x more excited to have discovered yours! Except I'm totally "in" with the other gals. Broadbents & Scrooge and Marley's! PAIN AND TORTURE! Oh my goodness. I wanna go! And to think I almost made a trip to Utah 2 weeks ago & ended up not going. But then I didn't know about these wonderful shops. And I woulda missed out. Now I can put them on the list for next time. I also want to make a visit to Tai Pans, and I think it's called Iron Works (right off the freeway). LOVE your blog. You must check out my posts tonight. You will crack up! & I'm going to comment on a few other of your posts too. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ARGHHHH! I hate you! No, not really--you're my bestest friend ever! Can I come stay with you? Are you busy tomorrow?! ROFLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great photos! I feel like I am there in the shops with you! The pictures will hold my interest, studying every inch. Imagine if I was there? Whoa Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Day two looks like just as much fun as day one. WOWZER!!! Christmas heaven for sure. I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking stores! A few years ago I flew to Salt Lake City just to rent a car and drive to Ogden to visit Shepherd's Bush. Dang it now I'm going to have to go again just to visit Broad Bent's. What a great store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kairle -- I came by via Kim's and now you're just making me homesick! I visited Scrooge & Marleys about 18 months ago and loved it -- boy, I'd sure love to see it now all decked out for Christmas! Great pictures. I don't remember a shed out back -- is that new or maybe I just missed it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Now how am I going to fit in a quick trip to Utah amongst all of my other holiday preparations!! LOL I will have to ask my SIL of she knows about these two shops. Thanks for sharing and have a HAPPY Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow those pictures are wonderful! I may have to find where Lehi is. We go through Utah once a year I would love to stop there.

    ReplyDelete