Monday, October 08, 2007

The blocks are finally finished!!!

I can't tell you how happy I am that I finally finished all of the blocks for my Thimbleberries Village quilt! It feels so good to be at the point where I can start putting the pieces of the puzzle together. I had really hoped to have the top assembled before the end of the weekend, but my family had other plans for me. It feels good to sneak in a little sewing time here and there.


This first block is called Blossom Time.


And this blocks is called Log Cabin Lane. I put off making this block until the end with the hopes that I could use up little bits and pieces of leftover fabric. That ended up being a great way to use up those small pieces that were destined to be thrown in the scap basket.


Oh, how I love a true Utah fall! When it was snowing Saturday afternoon I was almost certain that we had skipped fall althogether and went straight to winter, but upon waking this morning I was thrilled to see the blue sky and feel the crisp air. I took this top picture of Mount Timpanogos just around the corner from my home so that I could get a good view with fewer rooftops in the picture.
These last two pictures were taken from the driveway of my home. I had to take pictures this morning because the weather man says that the snow will be melted by the end of the day.

4 comments:

  1. *sniff*...I'm eating my heart out! You had better have a 'hitch in your giddy-up' today after witnessing that beautiful view of the mountains! Oh, and congrats on your finished quilt...i can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The view from your driveway! Oh my - how absolutely breathtakingly beautiful!!
    Your blocks are gorgeous - can't wait to see them all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a magnificent view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kairle, Makes me think of Colorado mountains. See I have the woods but you have the view. Georgous. Thanks for telling me to look furthur down.

    Oh, You blocks look good also

    ReplyDelete