Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Welcome Back, Fall!

We made it through that brief winter spell and are once again enjoying beautiful fall weather.


Yesterday I finished up this Pumpkin Picking quilt that has been sitting on the shelf for ages. It's nice to have another UFO completed. I don't know if you noticed or not, but I seem to have an awful lot of fall quilts. I just love making them, but honestly, I don't know if I have another spot in my house to hang this one, so it's being sent off to another home where it will hopefully be loved.

This is a a table runner than I made back in October 2004, long before I started blogging. I just love the Thimbleberries focus fabric that is in the borderJust thought I'd share. LOL!

8 comments:

  1. I love those fall quilts, too . . . with Christmas being a very close second *s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts. Love the pumpkin wallhanging. That is adorable. Some lucky person is gonna love that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts-- will definitely warm someone's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous quilts! I love fall quilts, too, but I don't have enought of them around my house. I must get busy.....next year!! LOL
    Whoever gets that wall hanging is a very lucky person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pumpkin quilt! I too tend to make a lot of fall quilts (and have run out of wall space as well). But I keep making them and can't get enough. They just ooze warmth, family, coziness, harvest and richness. It's almost as if they have a scent for the eyes of cinnamon, sage and nutmeg.

    I think what spring is to gardeners... it's what fall is to quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures ! I love Thimbleberries, too : they look so much like autumn, some of them could make me believe they smell like autumn ! LOL
    THANKS for showing !

    Hugs & smiles,
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this table runner! ... and the centerpiece on it. Yep, you are running out of places for fall quilts, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute quilt, I really like Fall quilts, so you can never have too many. I'm sure it's new owners will just love it!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete