I wanted to make a quick post to wish you all a happy Halloween and to share a picture of the finished pincushion kit that Kim gave me.
I got started on this last night and finished it after coming home from a 5th grade Halloween party this morning. I'm still working on getting my blanket stitches a little more even, but I'm really happy with the way that it turned out. If you check the picture of the kit in yesterday's post, you might be able to see that I changed the shape of the acorns a little and added an oak leaf for a more color. I have to admit that this little project was a lot of fun. I think I see more pincushions in my future! Thanks, Kim...I love it!
BTW, I took Marcie's suggestion to use lizard litter to fill the inside and in the process discovered that lizard litter does NOT come in small packages. Maybe another reason that I'll be making more pincushions. Either that or I'll have to buy myself a lizard. NOT!