Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday, Monday

While most people complain about the dreaded "Monday morning", my three friends and I look forward to it with much anticipation. After we get our kids off to school on Monday, Laurel, Robin, Susie and I head off to Einstein's Bagel shop for our bagels and diet Coke. We've been doing this for about three years now and find that it's a great way to recover from the weekend and it gives us the chance to catch up on what's new. We consider it cheap therapy and we've been known to schedule doctors appointments for dying children until after 10:00 on Monday morning. Yes, I know...pretty pathetic, but it helps us keep our sanity.

I don't have a lot of vices, but I'll admit that diet Coke is one of them (along with chocolate and fabric). We all got a good laugh when Susie walked into the shop this morning with a copy of the following story for each of us. You can replace "diet Coke" with your favorite cup of "Joe" or whatever it is that

Amanda was walking down the street when she was accosted by a particularly bedraggled and shabby looking homelss woman who asked Amanda for a couple of dollars for dinner. Amanda took out her billfod, extracted ten dollars...ad the asked, "If I give you this money, are you going to spend it on diet Coke instead of dinner?"

"No, I had to stop drinking that years ago", the homelss woman replied.

"Will you use it to go shopping instead of buying food?" Amanda asked.

"No, I don't waste time shopping", the homeless woman siad. "I need to spend all my time tyring to stay alive."

"Will you spend this on a hair stylist instead of food?" Amanda asked.

"Are you NUTS?!" replied the homeless woman. "I haven't had my hair done in 20 years!"

"That's just fine, " said Amanda, "I'm not only going to give you the money, I'm going to take you out for dinner with my hubby and myself tonight."

The homeless woman was astounded. "Won't your husband be furious with you for doing hta? I know I'm ragged, dirty, and I probably smell pretty disgusting."

Amanda replied, "That alright. It's important for Andy to see what a woman looks like after she's given up diet Coke, shopping and hair appointmenst."

No comments:

Post a Comment