Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Feel So Honored

What a pleasant surprise it was yesterday when I found out that I had been given the "You Make My Day" award by Marcie at Patchalot More. Those of you who know Marcie also know what a kind and generous blogger she is. You'll also agree that she's a talented quilt designer. I'm just hoping that at some point she'll come and visit her son that lives here in Happy Valley so that I'll have the chance to meet her in the flesh! (Hint, hint, Marcie!)



The rules for this award say to choose up to 10 people whose blog brings you happiness & inspiration and makes you feel happy about Blogland. Let them know by posting a note on their blog so they can pass it on.



Let's start with my sister Suz at SoCal Greens. Susan may not be a consistant blogger, but I get so excited everytime I pop over there and see those adorable pictures of my sweet neices. I have to admit that Susan and I don't talk as often as we could, but I definitely keep up to date through my DD, Blondie, who texts, instant messages and talks via cell phone with her cousins in California. It's worth stopping by the SoCal Greens just to watching Jenna score her only goal of the season...and mom was actually able to catch it on video!!! I love you, Suz!



The next award goes to Angela at Quilting in Cornfields. I love reading Angela's blog because it reminds me of my life when I was her age. I'm not exactly sure what "that age" is, but so many of her posts about her sweet little daughter reminds me of when my girls were little. It was such a special time in my life and Angela's blog takes me back to that special place.


I also love to stop by and visit Jodi at This, That and the Other. Jodi is one of those who tells it like it is. Every time I stop by, I always leave with something to ponder. Is my "to do" list too long? Have I spent enough time with my kids today? You get the idea. Jodi also does an outstanding job journaling her life at her A Photo A Day blog.


And last, but certainly not least, on the list today is Joan at Keeping You in Stitches. Joan and I go way back before there was such a thing as blogging. I'm so glad that she recently started her own blog. Joan gets more done than I even have time to think about. In addition to being a busy wife and mother, Joan has an eBay store where she sells wonderful quilt kits.


That's a pretty good start. There are so many more to whom I'd love to give this reward, but so many have already been presented with the honor! Way to go girls...you're all SO inspiring!!!

7 comments:

  1. That's cool! Isn't it nice to be inspring?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kairle! Thank You! How sweet of you! Totally made "My" day! Post more pictures of your snow! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm speechless ((holds up my award)). I agree that a sister as wonderful as you deserves a phone call more than I give. Thank goodness for blogs!! After all...you can TELL me about your luscious snow; or you can SHOW me the snow. I love your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Kairle! You definitely deserve that award, and I agree with you about Angela, too. I will have to check out the other blogs.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful what you wish for, I might show up at your door! LOL! Your snow is so "pretty to look at"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you. Back at ya! Check out my blog. ;o) jodi

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww -- thanks. You're makin' me blush. Oh, and the age? 35 -- but very soon (as in about a week and 1/2 soon) to be 36 :0).

    ReplyDelete