Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Seeing Spots

Yesterday I finished the Dominoes bag for Blondie. I have to admit that I'm pretty pleased with the way that it turned out. Especially since I made up the pattern as I went along. Okay...I really came up with the pattern the night before as I was falling asleep. Do any of you do that...wake up or fall asleep with patterns or quilting ideas dancing around in your head? You can bet that I was eager to get up and get started on the bag yesterday morning.
Just a view of the lining and dominoes. I've still gotta learn how to play Mexican Train. The kids keep telling me that they'll teach me. Maybe tonight?!
Last night was a first for me. I made a batch of HOMEMADE cream of mushroom soup. May I just say that I could eat a gallon of this all by myself? It was delicious!!! Well, at least I thought it was. I got mixed reviews from the rest of the family. The Ballerina ate her obligatory three bites, but confessed that she thinks mushrooms are stinky. Okay, she may have a point. lol! DH and Blondie ate the soup without complaint, but didn't give it the rave reviews which I thought it deserved. If you'd like to give this recipe a try, click HERE for the link.

12 comments:

  1. Great bag design! MT dominoes is easy and fun. The soup looks great!! I love mushrooms. I think I'd have a bathtub sized amount left if I made it for my family who tends to turn their noses up at mushrooms, too. ~Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little bag for Blondie's Dominoes. Like the dots with the hot pink. Those patterns that come to us in the night are great, if we don't forget them by morning. Sorry the Mushroom soup wasn't very popular. Maybe next time. I love the little quilt for CG. She will be surprised to see it over her bed next time she comes home. You are on a roll. Keep it up.

    Linda Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bag. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kairle:
    That bag is brilliant ~ you are brilliant! Yes, I have quilting on my mind before, during and after sleep! We have those dominos too, I've never played Mexican Train, BUT my preschoolers (I taught in my home for many years) loved to use those during Free Play Time! :)
    ~D Spack~

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soup looks sooooo yummy. And great job on the bag. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bag - love the fabric - I had some and made a note pad cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say hello, I've been peeking at your blog for a couple of months now! Loved the domino bag...I could do with making some for my Angels to keep their bits and bobs in....the soup looks yummy ,I could almost smell the delicious aroma here!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We play dominos here too on occation . . . I know how you feel about getting them all back in the tin box! I should make a bag for ours . . . not sure I could make the pattern up in my head though . . . will search for a pattern.

    I have to agree with the Ballerina . . . I think mushrooms are stinky too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bag is adorable, Kairle! I think some of my best ideas are the ones I get just before I fall asleep or when I first wake up! Funny, isn't it? We're thinking all the time about sewing!!
    The soup looks delish, even though it has those "stinky" mushrooms in it - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dominoes bag is adorable. As for thinking of ways to do things as you go to sleep -- um, doesn't everybody? Nope? Oh well, that's some of my best thinking time! That soup looks yummy to me! (then again -- I could eat my weight in mushrooms, love, love, love 'em!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love to play dominos...never thought of making a bag, I just use the tin they cam ein but one day I might need the suggestion. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete