Thursday, January 31, 2008

Love Is In The Air

Just a quick shot of my fireplace. This is the focal point of our living room and is generally decorated for each holiday or season.
This hurricane lamp sits on our piano. I'm pretty sure that the bottom half had more conversation hearts than that, but whenever I ask Blondie about it she just smiles and says she doesn't know what I'm talking about. For some reason I don't believe her!


A little tip...I actually have a small clear glass bowl that is situated upside down in the bottom of the hurricane lamp so that I don't have to put in so much candy.

9 comments:

  1. Love the decorations! You have a nice touch with decor.

    ~Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so festive. Love the lamp with the candy and I am sure it wasn't Blondie. Maybe it was Soccer Boy and girlfriend checking those messages. LOL

    Linda Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations are sweet. Decorating for holidays is something I have noticed since I became involved in blogland. It's not something we do much here in Australia (except for Christmas). I think it's a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the candy under the candle. Very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 'sweeties' under your candle, there wouldn't be any left in our home lol! (I'm LDS too, in England)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fireplace. So nice.

    And . . . more snow today! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can be so festive with snow outside. I agree with Linda, I bet Soccer boy and GF had to see the candy hearts. Love your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your decorations! The lamps are really adorable. What beautiful scenery. I am amazed by how beautiful our country is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your decorations are always so pretty - love the (half-eaten?)candy in the hurricane lamp!

    ReplyDelete