Monday, January 07, 2008

This One's for You, College Girl!

Another quilt finished! Better late than never. Right?


I bought the kit for this kimono quilt almost two years ago when I went to visit Kim during the Quilt Rush shop hop in the Sacramento area. The top has been finished and quilted for well over a year and now it's finally bound! Of course, Kim twisted my arm and made me buy the kit for this quilt, but I'm so glad that she did. College Girl loves all things Japanese and this quilt's for her.


CG studied the Japanese language for two years in high school and spent six weeks in Japan as an exchange student between her junior and senior year. Her bedroom is decorated with a Japanese theme and this wall hanging will go above her bed on her Asian red wall.


I hope you like it CG. I love you and am so proud of all the good things you do!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! You finished it! You're the best, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a georgous quilt. Will look super over her bed on a red wall. WOW. I like her responce also. bout time you got it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing the pattern link also!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. Your ribbon quilting looks very nice on it too, I've been meaning to try quilting some ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exquisite quilt, Kairle! You do such nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning and beautiful quilt Kairle. And how perfect for CG! The quilt just ooozes love too.

    ReplyDelete