Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Puzzling Post

Joan motivated me to finally post a picture of our most recent puzzle. (Check out the puzzle that she posted on her blog.) This puzzle is titled "American Quilt", by local artist Eric Dowdle.


I've been gathering puzzles lately (bought another Eric Dowdle puzzle at the store today...lol!). Soccer Guy and Girlfriend usually come over for dinner on Sunday afternoon and Girlfriend loves to work on puzzles. We finished a couple of puzzles over the Christmas holiday and we did the American Quilt puzzle a couple of Sundays ago. Not only did Soccer Guy and Girlfriend come for dinner, but so did two of Soccer Guy's roommates, as well as two of Girlfriend's roommates. The more the merrier, right?! This puzzle only has 500 pieces so, with many hands, we finished it pretty quickly. I think I prefer the 1000 piece puzzles that sit out on the breakfast nook table for a couple of weeks.


So here's a burning question... What do you do with your puzzles once they're finished? I see that Joan put Save-a-Puzzle on hers and hung it on the wall, but that can't possibly be done with every completed puzzle. Right now mine go into the closet of the extra bedroom, but they're really starting to pile up.

11 comments:

  1. We give our puzzles to the folks who live in senior housing. The puzzle gets reworked numerous times. Some use the common room and put them together in groups and others take them to their apartments to do alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great puzzle...I love the idea of sharing the puzzle with nursing homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh - we haven't done a puzzle around here in the longest time . . . maybe I should just poke around and see what's out there *s*

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been working on puzzles since Christmas - I received one as a gift. After that one, I went to the closet where I have two stacks of puzzles and picked two more to do. Then one double puzzle - Santa before and after (both in the same box, but two separate puzzles). We just started a 1000 piece cat puzzle. I think it will be the hardest. When finished, we take apart and put back in closet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this puzzle. I haven't done a large puzzle in a long time. That sounds like a fun Sunday afternoon activity. I think that I will pick up a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, kairle you should laminate this one. It is terrific. We love to do puzzles, in fact there is one down in the basement on the bed waiting to be finished. DD started at Christmas, We usually take them apart and put them back in the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have one out on the kitchen table that's half finished. We started it when DS and his GF came for Christmas dinner. Did you know I have one of the Lehi Roller Mill? I picked that one up when we were there, but we haven't put it together yet. Most of what I have are Charles Wysocki--love those and they're 1,000 pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love puzzles, but now that I quilt, I don't take the time to do them. I really like this guys art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a 1000-piecer for Christmas. During the school break I put it together---I got sad that it was done---tore it up---a day later I put it back together. My life is full now and I put it back in its box.

    Funny thing is that it is a scene of a quilting club...and I'm probably the only non-quilter you know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I take my puzzles back apart and someday do them again. I've loved doing that since I was a kid -- even have some of my old puzzles from back then in a box ready for Miss Tinkerbell. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen a puzzle like that before - it's lovely! I enjoy putting together puzzles so much, and we don't do it very often these days. You make me think it's time to start up again! We used to take our puzzles apart, put them away, and take them out a year or so later to put them together once again.

    ReplyDelete