Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sliding Down a Slippery Slope



Soldier Hollow

Yesterday the kids were out of school for Presidents' Day so we got a bunch of friends and family members together and headed for the tubing hill at Soldier Hollow.

Soldier Hollow was the venue for the cross country skiing and biathlon events during the 2002 Winter Olympics. I had the fortunate opportunity to serve as an Olympic volunteer at Soldier Hollow and drove the athletes to and from their training sessions and competitions six year ago. Today, the resort continues to host cross country events and is also open for public use.

For those of us who choose not to exert themselves cross country skiing, there is also a tubing hill extraodinaire. The instructions are simple:
1. grab a tube
2. hook up to the tow rope
3. cruise to the top of the hill
4. speed down the groomed hill
5. repeat!

Although it's fun to race one on one, the most fun that we had was getting a huge group together and bouncing off each others' tubes as we slid down the hill.

You can see from the pictures that the weather was perfect...lots of snow and plenty of sun. You can also tell from the smiles that a great time was had by all!

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a ton of fun!! My little guy would love to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Man! If my kids end up coming out there for school, I'm going to MAKE them take me there. It looks like WAY too much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...all I can say is Wow. That location is gorgeous! My girls should be in the photo with Seth, Zack, Lexie and K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, oddly enough, all I see is a white box where the picture is supposed to be, but if that's your photo of "snow," then it reminds me a great deal of my photo of last night's lunar eclipse! ROFLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, Karile! It does look like everyone had a great time! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete